Many market segments in Qatar are expected to grow rapidly. Two of them are the coffee and tea market segments. If you want to enter either of these market segments, Qatar’s coffee and tea market research is necessary so you know customer’s preferences, latest market trends, competitors, and other details.
Below, we give you the overviews of coffee and tea markets, respectively. We also tell you each market definition and its scopes so you know what the details are about.
Coffee Market Overview
- According to market research in Qatar, the average per capita coffee consumption in Qatar is projected to be at 5.2 kg in 2021.
- The market share of the coffee market segment is projected to be dominated by roast coffee with an estimated market volume of USD 1,324 million in 2021.
- The annual growth of the coffee market segment is expected to be 8.1% between 2021 and 2025.
- The revenue of the coffee market segment is estimated to reach USD 1,561 million in 2021.
Qatar Coffee and Tea Market Research: Coffee Market Definition
- The coffee market segment consists of roast coffee and instant coffee.
- The roast coffee encompasses both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee in the form of whole beans and ground coffee, which are then prepared using coffee machines.
- The instant coffee encompasses soluble coffee that can be prepared without needing further preparation or equipment.
- For estimation, we assume a single cup of roast coffee to contain 11 grams of roast coffee. Thus, one kilogram of roast coffee represents approximately 90 cups of roast coffee.
- As for instant coffee, we assume a single cup of instant coffee to contain 2 grams of instant coffee. Thus, one kilogram of instant coffee represents approximately 500 cups of instant coffee.
- Instant coffee
- Roast coffee
- Ready to drink coffee
- Tea and other Hot Drinks
Tea Market Overview
- According to hudsonvalleykravmaga.com, the average per capita tea consumption in Qatar is projected to be 0.6 kg in 2021.
- The annual growth of the coffee market segment is expected to be 7.1% between 2021 and 2025.
- The revenue of the coffee market segment is estimated to reach USD 109.4 million in 2021.
Qatar Coffee and Tea Market Research: Tea Market Definition
- The tea market segment consists of tea bags, green tea, black tea, loose leaf tea, and mate. Other teas, such as ready-to-drink tea, instant tea, herbal tea, and ice tea are not considered as part of the segment.
- For estimation, we assume a single cup of tea to contain 2 grams of tea. Thus, one kilogram of tea represents approximately 500 cups of tea.
- The tea market segment is structured into retail sales and on-premise or foodservice sales.
- Retail sales are for at-home consumption, while on-premise or foodservice sales are for out-of-home consumption.
- The at-home market encompasses all retail sales via convenience stores, supermarkets, hypermarkets, and other similar channels.
- The out-of-home market encompasses all sales to cafes, bars, restaurants, hotels, and other hospitality service establishments.
- Green tea
- Black tea
- Loose-leaf tea
- Ready to drink tea
- Instant tea
- Herbal tea
- Ice tea
As we have explained, the coffee and tea market segments are growing rapidly in Qatar. Coffee is expected to grow 8.1% annually from 2021 to 2025, while tea is expected to grow 7.1% annually during the same period. This rapid growth provides significant opportunities to set up business in the country.